[Power] quick question.. battery

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sat Jul 21 02:47:12 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 05:13:24PM +1200, Nicholas wrote:
> Hello everyone, I am sorry if this has been covered somewhere but I
> can't seem to find any info regarding it.
>
> I am trying to find out why the full battery voltage on a new BYD
> LiFePO4 battery is 6.5v?

The voltage when the battery is full can range quite a bit, and 6.5V
is not a particularly unusual voltage for a full battery.

You cannot assess the state of charge using only the voltage.  The
only reliable way to assess the charge is to discharge, counting the
power released ... but this has the disadvantage of ending up with a
discharged battery.

Is there an underlying question I'm missing?

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/