[Power] Good day for a solar panel test

Nicholas independentcommercial at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 21:49:13 EDT 2012

OK, sun went away. Did a quick 30ohm power resistor test in what looks
like dark overcast light. So, 0.135A on 30ohms = 4w. Very promising,
and I guess indicates high output for a 15w panel under these
conditions.
I have a known good 36 cell monocrystalline 15w panel here and it
produced .1A on 30ohms worth of power resistors. So under the same
conditions my panel I have here produces 3w.

The cells themselves on this prototype panel are quite large. I will
get some photos together and post what I find out on the solar olpc
page later on this week.
FYI, the panel is 616gms and the cable is approx. 60cms long.