[Power] The new 10 watt panel from iLoveMyXO in the wild

Mike Lee curiouslee at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 16:44:28 EST 2010

All,

Here are photos and notes from several sessions of testing the new
regulated 10 watt solar panel now being sold by iLoveMyXO.com.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/curiouslee/sets/72157625239491889/with/5172174079/

It meets my prior performance expectations. In November sun in the
Washington, D.C. area, it is taking around 2 1/2 hours of peak mid-day
light to get about 50% charge from empty on both the XO-1 and
production XO-1.5.

There are a couple video clips of the oscillation noises in the photo
set. The noise was quite noticeable when charging the XO-1.5. Cici and
I took the opportunity to use the set-up as a Light Theremin:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/curiouslee/5172563580/in/set-72157625239491889/

Barring any major issues, I will do a blog post to promote the
purchase of these panels.

Mike