[Power] Charging XO-1.0 From 12V DC Battery

Andra DuPont andradupont at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 19:37:43 EST 2010

Richard,

One quick follow up.

>> Can I do something as
>> simple as connecting 10 jacks in parallel to the battery and let the
>> XOs charge without any additional electronics added?
>>

> Yes.  Given 11-18VDC the XO will handle the rest.  I think your largest challenge will be acquiring the cable that plugs up to the XO.

Actually, we have about two hundred AC chargers at the school, half with US style 2 prong plug, and half with UK style large 3 prong plugs. I'm not sure how they got so many. They never use more than 10 chargers at a time, so I plan to cut the DC jacks off of some of the unused AC chargers. I know this is a waste of a good AC charger, but it is the easiest and lowest cost approach for us at this time.

Andy DuPont