[Power] Haiti power questions

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Sat Dec 4 19:02:38 EST 2010

On 12/04/2010 06:32 AM, forster at ozonline.com.au wrote:

> 100 chargers is roughly 100 times the current but there is some
> timing misalignment, at least between brands, so the pulse broadens a
> little.

Instinctively I thought that would be the case since they are all kept
roughly synced by the line frequency but its nice to have confirmation
from someone else that its correct.

We recently received some cleverscopes at OLPC. http://www.cleverscope.com/

The ethernet model is fully isolated so I can actually set up a test bed
of 10 or so XO's and take some snapshots of the line current then do
some frequency analysis.

What did you use for your current measurement? Some sort of CT or a low
ohm resistor?

What frequencies are you expecting to see the most energy at?

What about at the lower power levels? Say like when the XO is just
sitting there idle on a full battery?  The current draw is much less but
the listed pf is much worse.

--
Richard A. Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop per Child