[OLPC-Peru] [Server-devel] solar Re: Extreme Linux Server Available to North America

Yama Ploskonka yama en netoso.com
Dom Mayo 4 10:35:39 EDT 2008

Hmm.  John's words sounded as if y'all had already a particular model
picked up.  I interpreted that from the "10 W" detail.  I am still at
the stage of figuring out the cost/performance sweet spot.

 > 10W Solar panels will be deployed with the first
 > laptops in areas without power.

Price is a major concern for me.  All over-the-counter laptop solar
options I've come across seem to be priced for "Shibumi" compradores or
UN field projects. :-(

If OLPC (also very price conscious :-)) does come across a specific
provider, let's hear!

Thanks,

Yama