[OLPC-Peru] solar Re: [Server-devel] Extreme Linux Server Available to North America

Yama Ploskonka yama en netoso.com
Vie Mayo 2 19:46:13 EDT 2008

Johannes dixit,
<snip>
 > 10W Solar panels will be deployed with the first
 > laptops in areas without power.    We are working on other ways of
 > charging our batteries (the multi-battery charger) and better ways of
 > distributing power to laptops within a classroom, but not on larger
 > power generation devices.    You seem particularly focused on this
 > area.  Please understand that OLPC cannot become too involved in the
 > actual alternate power generation schemes for these low power
 > schools, we simply don't have the personnel.

What is the provenance of those panels and is there any publicly
available information on their performance re:XOs the rest of us can use?
I'd rather not be duplicating out of my own pocket research OLPC is
already paying for.

Thanks

Yama