[OLPC-Peru] Call for Participation (urgent!!!)

Bella Minw bellarmine777 en yahoo.com
Vie Mar 14 20:34:32 EDT 2008

  Attached, please find the Howard University approved solicitation message; since it is somewhat illegible, I am retyping below the information.  However, please download and print for your copy.

  OLPC: Its design and functions as educational technology (Spring 2008)
  Principal Investigator: Dr. Carolyn M. Byerly  Student Investigator: Bellarmine A. Ezumah

  Intended Solicitation Message

  My name is Bellarmine A. Ezumah and I am a PhD student at Howard University's
Mass Communications and Media Studies department. I am very interested in
the OLPC initiative - I worked as the Director of Instructional technology
at Trans Video Communication, New York, for seven years – and I hope to study the effective ways of incorporating media and technology in teaching and learning.  For my project in Qualitative Research class, I would appreciate an opportunity to interview about 4 (four) people from your company.  The interview could be conducted over the telephone, via e-mail or by a visit to your Office at MIT.

  I am hoping that someone involved in the laptop design as well as another with a direct contact with any of the countries that participate in your project will respond.

  Before we start the interview, I will provide you with detailed information on the process and you will have the chance to sign a Consent Form.  Additional information that conforms to the guidelines of Howard University’s Institutional Review Board will also be provided.

  I look forward to your response either by e-mail or by telephone.  My cellular phone number is (347) 351-1422.  I thank you in advance for your willingness to participate in this project.
  _____
  For the visit to MIT I would hope to be there any time the week of March 17th (Spring Break) or at your convenience.  Thank you!