[OLPC-Peru] A proposal to give some DICTIONARY pre-installed on the XOs that will be delivered to Peruvian Kids

Chris Ball cjb en laptop.org
Lun Mar 10 22:53:49 EDT 2008

Hi Javier,

   > An idea is born I have read that the boys and girls in the "pilots"
   > develop in the high andes of my country (Peru) has been demanding
   > some tool to translate some english words that they want to know.
   > I understand fully their curiosity and need.

We both had the same response to reading this request from the pilot!
I wrote a Sugar activity that does multilingual word translation.

   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.laptop.olpc.sugar/4443

I'd be interested to hear your feedback on the activity, and if you
have any suggestions on which dictionaries are best to use.  I'm
using this one for Spanish at the moment:

   http://www.june29.com/IDP/files/Spanish.txt

Thanks!

- Chris.
--