[OLPC-Peru] networking scenarios

Samuel Klein meta.sj en gmail.com
Sab Abr 12 01:20:15 EDT 2008

Javier,

The humble towns are most important.

An aside : when I was last in New York (for the story jam a couple weekends
ago) I saw a UNICEF poster display of a disaster-area "school in a box" --
two suitcase-sized containers with all of the materials and power-generators
needed to run a single server creating its own sat or radio internet
connection, and a few attached terminals.  The design was for regions with
no infrastructure at all.  A poster mockup listed XOs as ideal terminals...

SJ