[Peripherals] iPod on an XO?

Ian Daniher it.daniher at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 16:41:09 EST 2008

Patrik,
I have successfully used my Ipod as a portable hard drive for use with the
xo. Currently Linux applications lack support for the latest version of
Ipod. It however may be feasible, in the future, to port a standard linux
media program to the XO. Based on the limited space of the xo, a portable
hard drive would be necessary.
--Ian

On Jan 2, 2008 4:23 PM, patrik <peripherals at lists.laptop.org> wrote:

> So Grandpa wants to give Daughter his iPod - is there much hope of
> managing this on her XO?  If so, would it be useful/necessary to use an
> external USB drive to store the audio files?
>
> A complicating factor would be my ignorance of Linux terminology. I'm a
> long-time Mac user, which I'm guessing will be of little help here.  [Crying
> or Very sad]
>
> TIA!

Ian Daniher
it.daniher at gmail.com