[Peripherals] Charging the XO off a dynamo

Arjun Sarwal arjun at laptop.org
Tue Apr 29 11:25:57 EDT 2008

I am not there yet, though, these are the reasons why I chose to use
Animal power.
It isn't easy for humans (in whatever form or way, using leg or muscle
power) to pump in the required power to charge the XO.

see http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Cow_power

Therefore one can use larger dynamos/alternators to perhaps even
charge more than one XO at a time. We charged 2 XOs easily,
modifications in our setup will allow us to charge 10 XOs
simultaneously. The team on the field is working towards it...

Suggestions/feedback most welcome.

thanks
Arjun

ps -- grassroots people, am I being correct in ccing this list on such
matters ? my apologies if I shouldn't be doing it.

--
Arjun Sarwal
Intern, One Laptop per Child
Email: arjun at laptop.org
IRC: arjs on irc.freenode.net in #olpc, #olpc-health, #sugar