[Openec] checksum of first 64k of updateme.bin not calculated correctly

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Mon Nov 1 05:04:54 EDT 2010

On 11/01/2010 03:56 AM, Frieder Ferlemann wrote:

> Do you see problems/shortcomings (or near term problems)
> with the current code?
> (In terms of data, xdata, code memory or functionality?)

The existing info out on IRC is a bit premature.  I was waiting until
after 1.75 bringup to write up the announcement and the general state of
affairs.

Resource wise the KB3930 has plenty of resources, but its only a
stepping stone. There are certainly some challenges ahead for moving to
the IO3730.  It only has 32k of ROM and does not have in-ram code
execution ability.

Right now it looks like we will have to switch back to Keil because sdcc
generate code is so much larger.

Is sdcc 3 any better at generating smaller code?

--
Richard A. Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop per Child