[Openec] License change GPLv2(or later) to GPLv2(or later) with LE for the XO

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Fri May 1 12:49:04 EDT 2009

Frieder Ferlemann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the GPL license for the OpenEC project now contains a
> linkage exception for the XO of the One Laptop per Child project.
> (One Laptop per Child, P.O. Box 425087, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA)

This is great news.  Thanks Frieder.  This also will allow OLPC to pull
in code from OpenEC and use it.  This lets us get some testing time on
OpenEC code.

If anyone is interested in working on one of the subsystems that I'd
love to replace in the current EC code then the time subsystem would be
a good choice.

Basically the code needs a series of functions that fire every
1,10,100,1000 ms.

I don't like the way its done in the current code because it uses
function pointers and the Kiel compiler (or the platform) is not really
good at function pointers.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child