[Openec] temperature sensor

Frieder Ferlemann frieder.ferlemann at web.de
Thu Sep 20 15:31:58 EDT 2007

Hi Richard,

Richard A. Smith schrieb:

> > I've asked and I don't have it.  You will have to measure it.
> >
> > http://www.specsensors.com/ntc-engineering.asp

thanks for the link.

> > We are not using 1% parts and have no model for what the self-heating is
> > so you are _still_ going to have to calibrate it if you want accuracy.

Of course no 1% parts. Yet a table based on the nominal value makes sense.

> > Steinhart-Hart is more accurate over a wider range than beta is anyway.

> > Endangering the XO?  Who told you that? We don't care about the

If I'd cool it down here, moisture would condense.

> > accuracy. ± 10C is fine.

In the middle run it would be nice to have something better
(thermal model for the battery might want environmental
temperature). If I measure a NTC which happens to be at -10 degC
from the mean then other XOs will show a deviation of 20 degC.

> > The thermistor was an after thought just in case we thought we could do
> > something clever with that info.  2 resistors and an unused A/D channel
> > is practically free.  It has zero influence on the thermal protection
> > circuits.

Ack. (I never meant that)

Greetings,

Frieder