[Openec] Which pins to switch when for switching on an XO?

Frieder Ferlemann frieder.ferlemann at web.de
Sat Sep 8 14:11:01 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'd like to switch on the XO but while I could try to
by systematic trying I feel this would not help much.

To get there with reasonable faith I'd need the information
which pin to switch when and why.

I have recently come across the documents
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Hardware_Power_Domains
http://wiki.laptop.org/images/9/93/LaptopPowerB2.pdf and
http://wiki.laptop.org/images/1/11/Tinderbox_B3.pdf
but these documents are unfortunately not accurate.

Just to show the kind of problems where I'm stuck:
F.e. LaptopPowerB2.pdf shows MAIN_ON being an Output of
the EC (which it is not (according to the register setting
and IRC)) whereas Tinderbox_B3.pdf shows it as being both
input and output for the EC and output of the Southbridge
(yet the register settings of the EC show it is not
switched to open drain in the EC). MAIN_ON is shown
as an output of the yellow (only powered
in Suspend and Run) part of the southbridge.)
Also the text in the wiki Hardware_Power_Domains
"... controlled by SUS_ON (GPIO1B on the EC), ..."
together with direction of the arrows in LaptopPowerB2.pdf
made me jump to the conclusion that GPIO1B is an output
of the EC (which it is not)).
Additionally I'm not sure how far my hardware (B1) still
is in line with these documents (f.e. WLAN seems to be
always powered, even if the kb3700 is held in reset. And
power to USB likely also differs)

So long story short, information like:

On Suspend/Resume/Run, B1-Bx:
Pin A of IC B drives Pin C of IC D (..), needs voltage E
being stable, switches on voltage F with a nominal
value of G (wanted to be stable to H%) with a time
constant of K milliseconds

would be needed?

Greetings,

Frieder