[Openec] Ladies and Gents, we have a "blinking brick"!

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Thu Aug 23 04:05:13 EDT 2007

Frieder Ferlemann wrote:

>> Use another channel on your scope and see if the LPC LFRAME signal is
>> getting asserted a lot during the long pulse.
>
> I have not yet tried to power up the XO so LFRAME is statically
> low (measured).

Ah... Ok not that then.

> won't find much time to check whether its IRQ/Timer/whatever
> related until about Sunday. (Maybe switching on the Test Mode
> for the timer was not wise - just toggling without the IRQ
> looks fine now).

I have no idea what test mode does so perhaps trying it with that off
will help.

> Before resorting to read-flash I had tried to use ./forth spiflash.dic
> to read the flash but it would not let me:
>
> ok read-flash myfile.rom
> spi! <--deferred word not initialized

You have to run the init first so it routes the output to to the serial
port rather than the indexed IO ports.  I'll go dig up the right
commands out of my IRC logs.

> So I gave OFW a go and tried my luck there. Unfortunately I had only
> a short glance at the file length and as it was above 1E6 bytes it
> looked OK to me.

Perhapas run a diff vs whats up on on the wiki?  Only the Mfg info
should be different.  Oh wait. You have a B1. Hmm... (/me thinks back
long ago) I don't think B1's had any Mfg data in them.  Its probably
just 0xff's

Not really much of a concern right now for you but I'll take a note to
figure out what its _supposed_ to be.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child