[Openec] Uart TX HiZ?

Frieder Ferlemann frieder.ferlemann at web.de
Tue Aug 21 18:09:56 EDT 2007

Hi all,

yesterday I received the B1 with an adapter (thanks!).

I had hoped to be able to output something either by UART
or by LED quite soon.
But it seems not to be as straightforward as I hoped.

No matter what I do the UART TX seems to be high impedance (HiZ).

There probably is some inconsistency between the schematic
(2006-12-04) and the registers settings reported by
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/EC_Register_Settings :

register: GPIOE  fc10:    7

would denote only the lowermost three bit GPIO00..02
switched to output.
Yet the schematic has TX on GPIO06, so GPIO06 would
have its output disabled (HiZ).
Which does not make sense but is in line with what
I seem to observe here. Is it really true that GPIOOE00
(0xfc10) bit 6 is not set?

(I'm committing something broken just in case someone
wants to jump on the train)

Greetings,

Frieder