[OLPC_Boston] Fwd: [Open forum] Community and Wikipedia : Thursday, 5-6 PM, Berkman Center

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Wed Sep 22 16:23:35 EDT 2010

Dear OLPCers,

Zack Exley recently joined Wikimedia as its Chief Community Officer --
some of you may remember him from his earlier political work and
writing on the internet and politics.

Zack is in Cambridge tomorrow afternoon, and there will be an open
discussion with him, Boston-area Wikipedians and Wikipedia
researchers, and local community organizers (including  our very own
Community Manager Adam Holt), about community structure and the future
of Wikipedia.   I expect a lively discussion -- there's a lot that the
OLPC community could learn from his experience.

Where:  Berkman Center, main conference room, 2d floor
When :   5-6 PM, Thursday,  Sep 23

There will be doughnuts thanks to Ma Verma; RSVP if you can come.

Cheers,
Sam.

--
Samuel Klein          identi.ca:sj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266