[OLPC_Boston] Thur Nov 18, 6PM OLPC/SUGAR Community Boston/Arlington BBQ Dinner

Holt holt at laptop.org
Wed Nov 17 01:18:46 EST 2010

Caroline Meeks and Walter Bender welcome you!!

Along with countless Haitian&  South American deployment experiences.

Location is Caroline Meeks' new house, walking distance from Alewife Station
on the Red Line T / subway:

    29 Lee Terrace
    Arlington MA 02474
    http://www.solutiongrove.com/about/

Come learn more about my recent personal trip exploring diverse schools
across Haiti (http://waveplace.org/news) and OLPC opportunities I glimpsed
around the Dominican Republic (http://twitter.com/olpcDR).  Hear out and
support Caroline Meeks' hard work preparing Sugar and http://open1to1.org
for Somerville's own Haitian Community.  Learn about Walter Bender's
extensive travels in South America recently.  Welcome Bernie Innocenti
back to Boston, via Mozambique and Paraguay!  Ask Chris Ball about the
XO-1.75's ongoing progress.  Recap some of the amazing community/deployment
stories still coming out of http://olpcSF.org/summit almost 1 month later!

   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_SanFranciscoBayArea/Community_Summit_2010#Got_Photos.3F.21

Perhaps most exciting, take a peek at our global community's deployment
mapmaking event coming Dec 27-31 right here in Boston, based on Nick Doiron's
http://olpcMAP.net bringing an artist's curatorial touch and a human network
yet unseen, to 3 years of ICT4E accomplishment from around our globe:

    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OlpcMAP

Most important, SEE Y'ALL 6PM THURS!  RSVP so we know how much craziness
to bring!  This event brought to you in part by our smashing new community
organizer Marina Zdobnova (http://saigonolpc.wordpress.com) who will also
be there confiding details of her new job and Harvard Square real estate :)

BYO Banjo, Beer, Baked Bombshells&  Bromides, etc!!  BUS/BIKE/PARKING TIPS:

    http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/olpc_boston/2010-November/000622.html