[OLPC_Boston] Join professors who want to get their classes into Sugar development for dinner tomorrow in Worcester!

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Wed Jun 9 10:15:58 EDT 2010

Hey, folks!

We'd like to invite local Sugar/Fedora hackers (you!) to dinner with a
group of professors (mostly from the Worcester area) who are in town
this week for http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/POSSE, a workshop
for learning how to get their students involved contributing to open
source projects. (In this case, Sugar, with Fedora as a dev platform.)
They've been learning to hack Sugar all week, and are in fact in #sugar
at this very moment tinkering away on the Measure Activity.

We thought it'd be nice for them to meet some local Sugar/Fedora folks
in person, since they're all interested in continuing through the school
year. Therefore: food!

Dinner is tomorrow (Thursday) at 7pm at Maxwell Silverman's Toolhouse,
http://www.maxwellmaxine.com/maxwells.html.

We have a limited number of seats, so we'll need RSVPs - email back,
first-come-first-served. If you're coming from Boston, we can offer
pick-up from the Riverside T station (green D line) at 5:30pm, and a
drop off at the same location afterwards (we may even be able to drop
folks off directly, depending on traffic/schedule/destination).

Please forward this to Sugar/Fedora people in the area you think might
be interested - we'll keep taking RSVPs until we run out of seats at the
dinner table.

--Mel