[OLPC_Boston] Sugar meetings in Boston

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Tue Sep 1 08:29:14 EDT 2009

School doesn't start at GPA till Sept 10th. Our meeting times are
constrained to days when the adult ed classes meet, I'll have a better sense
of that in a couple weeks.  Maybe we can find a way around your class
Bernie.
Right now most likely is Tuesdays 18:30 to 20:30, so if you have a bike you
can make it over there from Harvard at least in time for the end.

We will most likely start meetings on Sept 15th or 22nd but that is not
confirmed yet.

Kids in afterschool are at the GPA every day till
6pm, from 5-6 they do unstructured non-achedemic work.

Thus, there is also an opportunity for a person or a team who wants to teach
kids as a "club" activity at the GPA from 5-6pm any evening.  You can do an
open computer room, supporting kids interests or you could do a specialized
topic, like game making or music or art or playing with the physics
activity, math homework help etc.  Ideally I'd like groups or pairs of
people to do multi-session programs. meeting every week for at least 4
weeks.  This requires reliability, and preparation but its tons of fun.

This timeslot is also available for occasional testing of new activities, or
comparative UI testing etc.

Thanks,
Caroline

--