[OLPC_Boston] volunteers needed: Boston Fook Festival tomorrow afternoon

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Fri Oct 23 14:35:40 EDT 2009

Hello,

The Boston Book Festival is tomorrow, and promises to be a lot of fun.   (see
bostonbookfest.org)  The roads around the copley garden will be closed off
for the event; a lot of people will be there, and the topics discussed at
many of the related lectures are around the future of reading, and the
intersection between books, reading, and technology.

OLPC will have its own tent there (#1 on the attached map, above the legal
seafood truck).  I am looking for a couple more volunteers to help us man
the tent in the afternoon, from 1pm-5pm.  We will be showing off some of the
new bookreader tools on the XOs, other activities on the 1.5's, and
alternative power options.   Please let me know if you are interested.  If
you can help for the whole afternoon you'll get a lunch ticket, and will be
able to slip away to see specific sessions.

Regards,
SJ
617 529 4266