[OLPC_Boston] about Sandra Thaxter

Sandra Thaxter sandra at smallsolutionsbigideas.org
Sun May 10 21:10:44 EDT 2009

Greetings OLPC Boston,
    My name is Sandra Thaxter. I have been working with a small team
building relationships in Africa to setup XO pilots since last summer.  My
background is as a software engineer and systems administrator, but also had
spent time as a teacher of languages, and dance.  I've worked at many
Massachusetts based software companies, one of which was doing the
development for the early Macintosh.  I also worked at Lotus and IBM, most
recently was on a contract at UNICEF and met the members of the Cambridge XO
team there, SJ, Adam and Henry H. And subsequently we began to develop the
Small Solutions anon-profit to execute XO projects. Our team includes
educators, technical and international development people.

   We are doing a visibility day for XOs in Newburyport on May 30th.  we
plan to invite local school kids.  We would love some volunteers to come out
and demo applications or talk about some of the activities such as the
Cambridge Friends School activities that I read about today.   Official
posting later this week.

--
Sandra Thaxter
(cell) 1-617-320-1098