[OLPC_Boston] Deployment work day tomorrow - join us!

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Wed Mar 18 00:16:34 EDT 2009

(Also on
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Cambridge_Friends_School/Meetings/2009-03-14#What.27s_happening_next_week)

Tomorrow (Wednesday, March 18) is apparently not deployment day at CFS.
However, Elsa, Rick, and Mel will be working on various aspects of the
deployment - help welcomed, including newcomers and drop ins! We will be
at the MIT Stata Center from at least 9am-3:30pm, possibly later; call
Mel at 847.970.8484 to find and join us.

The agenda includes...
* Posting the image and customization key so volunteers can recreate a
test environment
* Follow up on...
** Monthly teacher meetings from the Cosi's meetup?
** New uni groups and how to work with each other
** Questions for the CFS loop team (like "when is deployment?")
* Getting a spares and repairs kit to CFS
* Backwards planning for the CFS deployment (draft)
* Team communication responsibilities (draft)
* Updating the teams on [[Boston pilots]] and getting contact info on each
* Setting up and sending usage instructions for a project management tool
* Documenting gurufest work - is it one good model for getting
deployment work done?

Any questions or requests? Let us know! We'll email out a "what we did"
report out here afterwards.