[OLPC_Boston] Meet-up notes

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Tue Mar 17 13:38:43 EDT 2009

Thanks for the notes, Diane! They're very useful for folks who couldn't make
it (and folks like me who arrived too late to find out you'd moved to 1cc
;).

Some thoughts, short because I'm coming down with rsi...

   - olpcorps groups - if you want some practice working with local
   deployments (and possibly even starting your own next year), holler to this
   list - there's the cambridge XO deployment and some budding Sugar pilots in
   the western burbs that need help.
   - teacher's group - brilliant! would love to hear more. you might be
   interested in the 4th gr math project,
   http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/fourthgrademath/2009-March/000100.html-
we should also get Sandra's curriculum team to post more about their
   activities here, they may want to partner up.

I'll be working on local deployments in cambridge tomorrow and welcome
company online or in person (ask if you're interested / have questions -
I'll send the list a better "what's up" later today) - Rick and Elsa will
already be joining me (yay!) and the more, the merrier.

--Mel