[OLPC_Boston] Mel's Boston deployments open virtual office hours tomorrow 9am-9pm

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Mon Mar 16 01:08:46 EDT 2009

The CFS loop team asked for some tech help reflashing XOs tomorrow
morning, so I'll be working on the pilot at their request from 9am to...
whenever we're done, definitely before noon.

I'm not sure who at CFS is hosting us and I'm guessing we probably won't
be able to fit more volunteers (so please don't show up on campus
looking for us unless you're already scheduled to be there tomorrow!),
but in case it's helpful to anyone here, I'll be working near the
Harvard T stop (<30min from CFS) with a cell phone (847.970.8484) for
the rest of the day and will be on-call from 9am until 4:30pm, and then
again from 7-9pm, for any Boston-area deployment related
questions/meetings/work if anyone needs anything. So if you've been
trying to touch base with someone on Boston deployment stuff
(particularly newcomers-getting-involved, tech stuff, finding out about
what's going on), now's your chance*.

I realize this is sort of last-minute notice; the "come reflash @ cfs"
was a schedule surprise to me too - however, if people respond to this
email telling me that regular "Boston deployment office hours" would be
helpful, I'll see what I can do**. I'm not in charge of any teams or
anything, just a volunteer trying to use my time to help others work
more effectively on this.

--Mel

*seriously, please call or email; me helping you work on local
deployments is way more useful than me reading webcomics, which is what
I'd probably be doing otherwise.

**probably "I'll be at this library doing X, come join if interested!"
similar to what Diane does with the Cosi meetups and the MIT museum but
more focused on getting local deployment work done. But again, only if I
hear interest from other people - so email back to the list if you want
this!