[OLPC_Boston] Africa Trip Report: Orphans

Sandra Thaxter sandra at smallsolutionsbigideas.org
Thu Jul 23 13:59:20 EDT 2009

Greetings all,
   I am putting together photos and the story of my journey and the people
and children I met in Africa.  It should be on the website soon. But here is
an attachment with an write up on the orphans.

   The trip was amazing and there are some initiatives that came out of it.

    1.  The Hands for Charity group put together a team to write the Kenyan
1st and 2nd primary Syllabus for the XO.  Two groups also will try and write
Agriculture and HIV/Aids sections.

     2.  Create a nutrition management application for young HIV positive
youth.

     3. Develop a coalition of groups supporting orphans.

Sandra Thaxter

--
Sandra Thaxter
(cell) 1-617-320-1098