[OLPC_Boston] Cambridge Friends School

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Tue Jan 20 02:42:46 EST 2009

Hello, Julia -

The CFS deployment is a grassroots community deployment, so the folks
who'd be able to give you more details are on the
olpc_boston at lists.laptop.org mailing list, cc'd.

I'm also cc'ing the deployment team from Illinois who came out this
month, introduced the XO and Sugar to the teachers, and laid the
technical groundwork for the pilot, as they may not necessarily be on
the list (yet/still), plus Pia Waugh who's been coordinating deployment
meetings (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Deployment_meetings) in general -
all of these people (and more!) are likely to have good thoughts on how
you can tap into this.

Folks, can you chime in on the list with updates for Julia of what
you've been doing, if you're involved with the CFS (or other local
Boston-area) pilot(s) in any way, and call out any tidbits that might be
useful to her in working with the Cambridge government? Also update your
status on http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Boston_pilots and
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Cambridge_Friends_School_Pilot, so that we can
use those as canonical sources of information.

Julia - in general, the wiki and the mailing lists are your friends. ;)
and if you could also give us details on what you've been working on
with the Cambridge government, that would help us help you as well.

Cheers, and thanks for getting in touch!

--Mel