[OLPC_Boston] Confused in Boston

Robert Frank rfrank at ccebos.org
Thu Apr 9 17:07:16 EDT 2009

Hello, Boston group. I've just joined the listserve and would welcome
advice.
My organization (the Center for Collaborative Education, in Roxbury) is
planning to work with schools in the South Pacific that have little to
no technology, including computers. It's just the kind of environment
that OLPC was established for, and, in fact, some of the islands we are
looking to work with are listed on the laptop.org web site as targeted
locations (e.g., American Samoa) that don't yet have plans in place. We
would be eager to move that forward.
However, I can't figure out how to get in touch with anyone to follow up
on this plan. I've left numerous phone messages on the Cambridge
answering machine listed on the web site [(617) 452-5663], and I sent an
email to negroponte at laptop.org, which I also found on the web site. No
one has responded.
Can someone give me a next step, a person to contact, a phone number,
anything that would let me try to move forward with this enterprise?
Also, I do look forward to meeting some of the people on this listserve,
and am interested in attending a training session on the XOs.
Thanks,
Bob Frank

Robert Frank
Director, Communications and Technology