[OLPC_Boston] MassCUE

Diane Serley olpc.aunti.mame at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 16:56:16 EDT 2008

MassCUE is  the Mass chapter of the national organization "Computer Using
Educators". MassCUE is having its annual conference in mid November (in
Sturbridge) -- in May (or thereabouts) OLPC Boston was asked if we wanted to
give a 1 hour  workshop/presentaton on the XO.

I put it to the group and several people said they'd be interested in doing
it... and I sent info about it to the list a couple of times in the summer.
And I also put in a casual request to OLPC (at at least a heads up that I
would make a request)  for a jam pack. But basically no-one but me (Diane)
is currently "signed-up" to run/do the workshop. If *anyone* else is
interested I'd love to have people join me!

I ponied up the $50 to register as a presenter and will be doing the
workshop on November 19th (at 9am I think). My current plans are for a very
basic "this is constructivism/constructionism/active learning" explanation
of buzzwords, then a simple tutorial on the Sugar UI, then open question
session and playing with XOs. I'll be burning and passing out the current
Live CD (from Sugar labs). And printing and passing out brochures and
reports from the various deployments (all from the wiki). But if someone has
ideas for a presentation, I'd love to hear!

The reason CUE is in the air is that someone on the support gang just posted
that she's going to present at the national conference in the winter, and I
posted about MassCUE. And then I also spammed OLPC (cuz I didn't know
exactly who to ask) for a jam pack.

Diane

--
Diane Serley