[OLPC_Boston] CFS pilot status? (for IL deployment team)

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Sun Nov 23 15:30:19 EST 2008

Hi, Mack and Katelyn!

What's been happening with the CFS pilot lately? The deployment team
from IL is gearing up to come, and Yifan Sun, the local coordinator for
the IMSA deployment team, is cc'd here - you should sync up with her to
make plans for how they'll operate during their time in Boston.

Ccing the olpc_boston list so that local groups can chime in with
ideas/suggestions - feel free to push back, propose, counter-propose,
and make suggestions. I'm hoping that by publishing our process and our
conversations, we can give other communities a better idea of what goes
on behind the scenes of getting a deployment to go.

Services the deployment team plans on setting up when they arrive:
a: XS (school server)
b: teacher support (being there in the classrooms for the first week,
full-time, to help as needed)
c: community talks (FAQ seminars for parents, etc.)
d: general wiring/networking

(b and c will have to be heavily coordinated with the CFS Harvard loop
team.)

Some questions from Yifan:

How many teachers would we be working with? Do we have specific people
at cfs who we might coordinate with or who has given us a list of things
he/she wants done?

Thanks - looking forward to this!

-Mel