[OLPC_Boston] Studying Python

wa1gsf at comcast.net wa1gsf at comcast.net
Tue Jul 29 16:05:17 EDT 2008

"A Byte of Python" is a pretty good text.  The Python tutorials aren't bad either.  But there doesn't seem to be much tutorial about PyGTK and almost nothing about developing an Activity for Sugar except http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_Almanacand

A couple of basic things to remember: (1) indentation COUNTS (unlike almost every other language you might have programmed in);  (2) global variables are read-only inside a function unless you explicitly say you want write-access to the variable.

From: Lee Cohen <lee.cohen at gmail.com>