[OLPC_Boston] IMSA / CFS Deployment Schedule and Goals

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Mon Dec 8 00:12:53 EST 2008

(This is just my opinion, ymmv.) Deployment teams should spend as much
time (1) setting up infrastructure and (2) interacting with the
students, teachers, administrators, and parents of the pilot as they
possibly can.

Activity development doesn't fit into that, unless it's done as a
workshop with one or more of those groups participating. I could see a
deployment team organizing a Game Jam
(http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Game_Jam) while they were present, for instance.

But flying halfway across the country to work on code they can work on
in Illinois - or that someone in Boston can work on - seems a little
silly to me. :)

--Mel