[Olpc-za] OLPC Pilot Project in South Africa...August 2008

Paul Commons paulcommons at gmail.com
Wed May 28 16:10:24 EDT 2008

OLPC ZA,
My name is Paul Commons, a student at Indiana University in the United
States.  I run a student organization at called IU One Here...One
There (http://www.indiana.edu/~iuohot/) or (www.onehereonethere.org).
We recently purchased 100 XO laptops for 2 schools in the Limpopo
Province of South Africa.  We´re working through Thusanang Trust.

I´m currently looking to establish a relationship with anyone
interested in joining this pilot project.  I believe this will be the
2nd OLPC pilot in South Africa.  The Weber family from Boston started
one in Kliptown.  We need both immediate technical support and long
term support for the sustainability of this project.  We have the
funding, not the technical know how.

If anyone has any interest whatsoever, please contact me at
paulcommons at gmail.com as soon as possible.  I´d like to start
communication immediately.  We have a lot of ground to cover.  I will
be in South Africa from August 1 to mid September.  There will be a
group of university students coming for 3 weeks in August, too.

Cheers,
Paul