[Olpc-za] Intel Quits One Laptop Per Child Program

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jan 4 11:33:32 EST 2008

Personally I think Intel didn't win anything by coming on the OLPC board
in the first place and to them it probably simply doesn't matter whether
they officially support the OLPC effort or not.

If the rumours are to believed the OLPC XO-2 will come with an Intel
chipset / processor (and I due believe that because frankly speaking
AMD's roadmap in the ultra-low-power-consumption range doesn't look that
good and I don't believe that OLPC will go with a completely different,
non x86 solution at this point) and so Intel will be making money either
way.

Just my 2 euro-cents,
Christoph Derndorfer
(OLPC Austria)