[Olpc-za] Slightly off topic - looking for local Wikipedians

rebecca kahn rebecca at icommons.org
Thu Sep 27 04:06:55 EDT 2007

Hi Everyone

So I'm a bit skaam that my first posting to this list is off-topic, but
you guys are the people who I think would know best:

I work for iCommons.org and I'm doing some research for a project we
run with Brazil and India.
(http://www.icommons.org/node/local-context-global-commons).
I'm looking at the amount of South African content being created on
Wikipedia in local languages, (and works that are being translated from
one language to another) and am looking for South African Wikipedians
to speak to as part of the research.

Is there anyone on this list who is involved in creating and/or
translating content for Wikipedia? or do you know of anyone I can
harass?

Feel free to reply off-list

Many thanks

Rebecca