[Olpc-za] Nature on OLPC

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Wed May 9 04:17:21 EDT 2007

"OLPC's lower costs come from using less-powerful components and
eliminating distribution and after-sales service, both of which impose
burdens on the end user."

They just don't get it, do they? Who do they think is the end user,
and why would a six year old care about those things?

I get less "after-sales service" by buying a laptop commercially than
is *already* available through the OLPC community, and if it was built
into the price of the laptop, how come I have to pay anybody to look
at it?

Morgan