[Olpc-za] culture-share project

KARA SPRINGER karaspringer at rogers.com
Thu Jul 12 04:43:22 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

  I posted a while back about a culture-share initiative called voices (or VO).  We're trying to develop a video based workshop outline in which youth connect with local artists to film their stories and performances.  We organized the first workshop last month in toronto which you can get a bit of info about on the wiki:

  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Voices
  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Workshop_in_Toronto

  I'm in Johannesburg for the month as part of a project called Global Studio hosted by Wits university, and while here i'll be trying to work with some community groups in Alexandra township to further develop the project.  If there's anyone in the area and interested in connecting with me, i'd be grateful to get some feedback from the olpc community in the area.  I may make my way down to Capetown at the end of the month as well.  We're trying to get together a bit of a cultural event this sunday in Alex, if anyone's interested, contact me and i'll get you more info on that.

  kara,
  in joburg - 0798248712