[Olpc-za] Small question !

Antoine van Gelder children at laptop.org.za
Mon Aug 20 10:34:27 EDT 2007

Lungi Siqebengu (LuW) wrote:
> What kind of asssitance would you need for people closer to Pretoria ?

I'm still waiting for a more detailed overview of the workshop program
but from what I can tell we essentially need someone to be there to
answer general questions about the OLPC program and about the role of
OLPC-ZA in relation to OLPC.

> Do you have the information on the type of Audience from the Dept of
> Labour ?

None yet at this time.

> Where can people like myself lay their hands on the OLPC for a fixed
> period ?

*grin*

The _big_ question.

There are still a very limited amount of beta-hardware in the field -
most of which is earmarked for development purposes - so it's
_extremely_ difficult to get our hands on more units at this time.

That said, it can't hurt to send an email to the address listed at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Developers_program#How_to_apply_for_an_XO and
make a case for why Cambridge should ship you a unit! :-D (Perhaps also
mention that you are an OLPC-ZA volunteer ?)

The final test machines (C1) are currently being built so we don't have
long to wait for production to start which should make it a lot easier
to get hold of hardware.

 - antoine