[Olpc-za] Small question !

Antoine van Gelder children at laptop.org.za
Mon Aug 20 10:06:29 EDT 2007

Lungi Siqebengu (4P) wrote:

> Dear Antoine,
>
> Long time no communication.
>
> I just wanted to know if there has been any action/movement on the
> OLPC front in SA ?
>
> I was just wondering maybe I have misses something.

Hi Lungi !

I know it's been looking quiet from the outside but there is quite a lot
of activity going on behind the scenes.

* Jeff & Ron in Eastern Cape have been laying some fantastic groundwork
in the Eastern Cape.

* OLPC-ZA has been invited to a workshop in Pretoria hosted by the
Department of Labor who are busy looking at options for laptops to use
in training programs. (Anyone on the list who lives closer to Pretoria
who feels like representing OLPC-ZA there ? :-D)

* Nigeria is hotting up: http://www.africanews.com/site/list_messages/10644

* Myself, I've been pretty much bogged down with software development.

 - antoine