[Olpc-uruguay] SocialCalc on Sugar version #5 release
socialcalc.sugar en seeta.in
Sab Ene 23 18:23:22 EST 2010
We are delighted to announce the release of the version #5 of SocialCalc
activity on Sugar. We have introduced a number of features in SocialCalc on
Sugar since the last community release -
1. *Localization* in Spanish, Afrikaans, Hindi, Japanese, Arabic, Russian,
Chinese (simplified), French, German and Portuguese.
2. *Ability* to *read* and *edit *single sheet Excel .xls files.
3. *Sharing* of activity over the mesh network.
4. *Ability* to *read* and* edit* single sheet Lotus notes.
5. *Optimization* of the* save files*. The sheet extents will include just
the part that has data. This feature also "canonicalizes" the saved data in
other ways, such as removing no longer used formats and color definitions
from the save file.
6. *Localization* made *easy*, especially of text in the user interface. All
of the text that is normally seen during operation is now easily localizable
by changing a single file, socialcalcconstants.js.
Please visit -
1. *SocialCalc on Sugar *-
2. *SocialCalc on Sugar wiki page* -
3. *Download pages* - the version #5 along with its source code can be
downloaded from http://seeta.in/j/downloads.html or from
4. *For Educators*
* Video on using Charting Tools* -
* Guide for using Charting Tools* -
We look forward to hearing your feedback and experience with SocialCalc on
Sugar. We started a group about SocialCalc on Sugar for educators, content
engineers, developers, translators, curriculum developers, testers and
graphic designers on ScalableC (www.scalablec.com) to share ideas,
collaborate and engineer curriculum materials and develop case-studies on
using SocialCalc on Sugar at schools. Please join the group if you are a
member at ScalableC. If you are not a member, please ask for an invitation
at http://www.scalablec.com/register.php with the message "interested in
joining SocialCalc on Sugar group".
If you would like to put in a feature request, or submit a bug report,
please do so at http://testtrack.seeta.in , or e-mail us at
socialcalc.sugar en seeta.in.
Hope you enjoy working with SocialCalc on Sugar.
SocialCalc on Sugar Team
------------ próxima parte ------------
Se ha borrado un adjunto en formato HTML...
More information about the Olpc-uruguay