[Olpc-uk] OLPC UK Fundraising campaign

Burnett, Mark mark.burnett at bearingpointconsulting.com
Sat Jun 25 01:44:22 EDT 2011

Would virginmoneygiving work?

On 23 Jun 2011, at 17:21, "Peter Robinson" <pbrobinson at gmail.com<mailto:pbrobinson at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Enric,

As far as I'm aware OLPC isn't incorporated in the UK either as a charity or otherwise. Its more a lose collection of people who have an interest in the OLPC and associated devices. There may be another charity on this list that is interested in assisting though.

Regards,
Peter

Good evening,

I have been asked by the director of a foundation in Colombia (Fundacion Marina Orth,

www.marinaorthfoundation.org<http://www.marinaorthfoundation.org/>: one of the few schools using XOs in the country)

 to arrange a fundraising campaign to provide 500 XOs to the most deprived schools over there. That would mean 500 more kids enjoying better education next course.

I tried to register the campaign with Justgiving but it requieres for a UK charity to be behind it, is OLPC registered? If so, could this campaign be channalized through it?

Any other ideas to make this campaign a success?

Best regards,

Enric G. Torrents

Honorary Consul - Hispasia (hispanoasiatic chamber of commerce)
Seyde / Lawyers and consultants
Via Augusta, 4 (piso) Badalona
08911 Barcelona Spain

--

Honorary Consul - Hispasia (hispanoasiatic chamber of commerce)
Seyde / Lawyers and consultants
Via Augusta, 4 (piso) Badalona
08911 Barcelona Spain

--

Honorary Consul - Hispasia (hispanoasiatic chamber of commerce)
Seyde / Lawyers and consultants
Via Augusta, 4 (piso) Badalona
08911 Barcelona Spain

BearingPoint Limited
London
Registered in England with company number 03144016

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.