[Olpc-uk] Can we borrow an XO to help improve the deployment guide please?

Burnett, Mark mark.burnett at bearingpointconsulting.com
Wed Sep 8 11:48:42 EDT 2010

Hello,

I am working with a number of other consultants from BearingPoint on a pro bono project to help OLPC improve their deployment guide.

Would it be possible to borrow an XO for the duration of our project, which has just started and is due to finish at the end of November?

We are working with the OLPC team and with deployment teams to make it easier for people to share lessons learned during deployments and to improve the access documentation for people setting up new sites and for teachers trying to work out how to integrate XO activities into the curriculum.

Whilst we are working with many people who are using XOs day to day, it would be immensely useful if we could experience how the XO works first hand and see Sugar in action for ourselves. It will help us form a view on how thorough the current documentation is and how else we can help improve the deployment process.

If you have any questions please drop me a line, or you can read more about our project at our page on the OLPC wiki: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Improving_the_Deployment_Toolkit.

Best regards
Mark Burnett
Head of IT Strategy & Transformation
BearingPoint
Management & Technology Consultants
mark.burnett at bearingpointconsulting.com
+44 (0)7876 478568
5th floor
16 Great Queen Street
London WC2B 5DG
United Kingdom

www.bearingpointconsulting.com<http://www.bearingpointconsulting.com/>

P please consider the environment before printing this email

BearingPoint are supporting one laptop per child.
[cid:image001.png at 01CB4F75.B18BFAE0]<http://laptop.org/>

BearingPoint Limited
London
Registered in England with company number 03144016

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.