[Olpc-uk] Status of the pilot project?

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Tue Feb 2 08:59:56 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 06:13:28AM +0000, Amir Ansari wrote:

> It's stalled because of a combination of factors: no overall
> leadership or coordination, a shortage of active volunteers (really:
> a handful of people is not enough to sustain this!), and - of course
> - lack of time among those people.

Well, two out of three ain't bad...I don't think the lack of overall
leadership or coordination is a fair point.

I think the pilot team[1] has learned some lessons and sharing our
opinions off-the-cuff is just going to be confusing / of limited use
to others.

I've added a "Lessons learned 2010" to the pilot page's wiki so that
we can have a record conducive to useful lessons-learned discussions.

> Amir

Martin

1. http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_UK/Pilots/London2009#Team - plus
Michael Jordan, who's given as much of his time as most.