[Olpc-uk] First OLPC-UK Community Meeting!

Emma Duke-Williams emma.dukewilliams at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 13:00:21 EDT 2009

2009/3/27 Faisal Khan <khan.faisal.olpc at googlemail.com>:

> Please feel free to spread the word.
> We are extremely excited by this and eager to see this succeed.  Many thanks
> to everyone who can contribute and attend!

I'm certainly hoping to come - (though I was a bit confused about the
RSVP, as I seemed to hop between the wiki & here!

However, as I think I've read in another message somewhere that you'd
like a wee intro ... here it is!

I've been interested in the OLPC project since I first read about it -
which was quite some time ago (just searched my blog & I first
mentioned it when the Guardian were discussing it as a "possibility"
in Feb 05! One of the reasons for my interest (other than general
geekiness) is that I'd previously spent 2.5 years with VSO (Voluntary
Service Overseas) in Papua New Guinea, mostly in Community (Primary)
schools.
I was able to get one via a Canadian friend & the first Give one Get
one programme - but it's only ever met another of its kind once! So,
it would very much like to meet another!

I'm based in Portsmouth, but as April 8th is in University vacation
time, I shouldn't have too much problem getting away on time to get up
to London for 6.30 pm.
--
Emma Duke-Williams:
School of Computing/ Faculty eLearning Co-ordinator, University of