[Olpc-uk] OLPC UK - Final Agenda and Venue - Meeting 1

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Thu Mar 26 19:03:32 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 01:03:17PM -0000, Michael Jordan wrote:
> The first meeting of OLPC here in the UK is approaching fast and
> there has been a good response to my original email. It is exciting
> that there has been such interest and I look forward to the exchange
> of ideas on the night.

Thanks for arranging this.  I really regret that I now will be out of
the country that day and won't be able to attend.

I think some background videos, information, and reading might help
out some of the attending, so I'll be adding that to the wiki page and
emailing it to this list.

This list has been surprisingly quiet given the amount of people that
seem to be interested...if people have ideas for what they'd like to
see discussed as part of Michael's agenda, it might be useful to air
some of those issues / questions beforehand.

One of questions would be: has anyone that's attending done a pilot /
rollout of something like this before?  (this is a leading question
for at least one of you :)).

For those of you bringing XOs, I'd encourage you:

1) to have build 767 installed so a) mesh will work; and b) you have
time to download some interesting activities to play with with the
other XO owners.

2) to consider your top love/hate items about the XO to share with
others that don't have an XO so they can get a better ideas of its
strengths and weaknesses (and I'm talking hardware *and* software
here)

If we can start to have some more discussions on the mailing list
we'll be able to use the time on the 8th more effectively.

> Regards,
> Michael Jordan

Martin