[Olpc-uk] [support-gang] Facilitating teaching with Sugar

Bastien bastienguerry at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 29 07:01:22 EDT 2009

Hi Caroline,

Caroline Meeks <caroline at solutiongrove.com> writes:

> Thanks for doing these!  Can video's be embedded on the activity page at
> activties.sugarlabs.org

I think so, but I don't have write access to this part of Sugar Labs
website - can someone do it for me please?

>     http://vimeo.com/5291223 - Physics
>
> I'm still not getting physics, how do I use it to learn about physics?

I don't know, I'm not a physics teacher.  I will take Gary's comments
and send them to physics teacher around, maybe they will start thinking
about this deeper.

>     http://vimeo.com/5291250 - SocialCalc
>
> nice, what makes it different from another spreadsheet?
> Can you do one on calc too?

Mhh... What is Calc? (Link?)

>     http://vimeo.com/5093894 - InfoSlicer
>
> This is a good video about installing from git! A perfectly good skill to
> teach, but it does not help me use Infoslicer at all.

Well, this is not the purpose.

For a tutorial about using Infoslicer, I suggest you start here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0UDRi37MWM

> Great work! Tip of the iceberg, but this is an iceberg that we can get a lot of
> people to help with. Is there instructions and advice on how to create these
> and where to share them?

Yes, very tip of the iceberg.

I will make a page with explanations on how to make such videos and how
to make better videos by the end of the month.

For now I'm running out of time, money and freedom, so I need to get
back to paid work.

Thanks for your feedback!

--
 Bastien