[Olpc-uk] Sugar video creation 2009-07-04 London Regents Park (was Re: Videos for teachers)

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Wed Jun 24 13:45:49 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 09:18:47AM +0100, Martin Dengler wrote:
> [Please show these videos to pilot teachers]
> Turtle Art basics:
>    http://www.dailymotion.com/user/sugarlabs/video/x9coz8_turtleartbasics_creation
> Creating a customized Memory game:
>    http://www.dailymotion.com/sugarlabs/video/15743402
> Discovering the Physics activity:
>    http://vimeo.com/5291223
> Using the Journal]:
>    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8zwgr_sugar-084-using-journal_tech
> Using View Source:
>    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8zwl4_sugar-084-using-source-view_tech

The next logical step is to _create_ the content we can't find.  I'd
like to propose an informal get-together at Regents Park at 13:00 the
4th of July, exact location and rain location TBD.

With food, snacks, and a few XOs we can record some screencasts to
make a start of this content-generation business.

Any actual educators who can come along to either see the laptop /
Sugar in action are very welcome.  I'll have one university lecturer
and one nursery test student with me to seed the effort...proximity to
the London Zoo will greatly facilitate their attendance.

I'll email the list to corrdinate closer to the date, but please feel
free to use this thread to arrange more details if anyone has a strong
preference.

Martin