[Olpc-uk] My feedback on the proposal

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon Jun 22 10:57:19 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-22 at 15:48 +0100, Warren Pimm wrote:
> Are we not establishing a proper presence for OLPC in the UK,
> something formal for UK developers and UK educators to become involved
> with, and contribute to - development and content that can be shared
> globally across the OLPC network.

You can do all that without a pilot deployment (as has been shown by
some other communities e.g. OLPC France). The people who want to do such
things probably need laptops, but they can apply individually to the
contributors program (requesting single laptops) or can borrow from
Martin's UK XO library.

You may have some ideas of how a pilot could significantly boost such
efforts, but I didn't see them explained in the proposal (and also, the
above goals were barely mentioned).

Daniel